Friday, January 26, 2007


What ever you experienced in the past is over. Looking behind you and thinking this is the way of your life does not give you the chance to discover how very powerful you are to create new ways to bring balance and hope into today. Today is a new day. Let peace be the way of new beginnings for yourself and the world you create this day...


Spring-cleaning is an ancient and wise tradition that creates new beginnings. Sometimes, it is all the attention we are paying to managing all the “stuff” in our lives that is pulling us out of alignment and giving us no rest. The effort we put into making sure our material world is safe and orderly keeps us constantly focused on minutia. A choice to simplify can sometimes give infinitely more space and time to enjoy and savor the now moment.
Where is the logjam that is taking up all your energy and distracting you? Your choice to free up your time and energy by making the space around you clean, orderly and free of excess can help you experience more peace.

1 comment:

storyteller said...

Smiling again as I realize you wrote this about a year after I made a conscious decision to simplify my life and surroundings. It's a work-in-progress :)

I've begun a series of posts about "reclaiming my front yard" at Small Reflections ... something I did in 2006 over a span of 6 months or so. I'm using the same process to clear clutter (mostly reading and writing material that collects on most horizontal surfaces, often without my noticing) from the inside of my home this year.

I'm wondering if I can (belatedly) create a link to this post? I'll try in a little while, but first I want to finish catching up with your posts here.
Hugs and blessings,